Tuesday, February 11, 2014

12. Poetry Close Reading Analysis Essay #1

1 comment:

  1. I found the poem you used very interesting and highly reminiscent of the title you gave your presentation to exemplify his short and to-the-point style of writing. I like that your intro explains a bit about Hemmingway himself, it is as if you are taking the reader into not only your analysis of the poem, but also your analysis of the author himself. Your writing is very fluid and the paragraphs are well connected. I think it is interesting that, as you said, Hemmingway creates imagery throughout the poem, even though he uses so few words.
    It is amazing that you could pull so much from such a short and concise poem. It shows just how adept you have become at reading into Hemmingway’s writing and figuring out what he is trying to say to his readers. There were many aspects to that poem that you touched on and, while each was unique, they all touched on his central message. The only problem I saw in this essay is that there seems to be a bit of confusion with citing the quotes in some places. Otherwise, job well done.

    ReplyDelete